Monday, November 3, 2008

New York City Marathon

Barb and I spent Sunday cleaning out our attic. So much stuff up there.....i found my finisher certificates to all the 13 marathons i have finished. My first marathon was the New York City Marathon back on Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 1977. This was I believe the first or second time they ran all 5 boroughs of NY City. I finished in place 2198 in 3:39. But get this....only 6, 000 participants. This past Sunday, the NY Marathon had like 40,000 runners with over 55,000 getting shut out. Wow! I saw this article online that talks about the new NY Jets football stadium selling licence seating. Some 600 fans have bought in and the Jets have raised over $16 million from these sales. The New York Road Runners Club is considering selling licences to those who want to partake in future NY City marathons. So for those of you who want to run this events in future years......start saving. Here is the info:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aXNMYZOA7zlU&refer=amsports