Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meetings today

I got to tell ya.....it really is good to be home. But this snow has got to go. Our season kicks into high gear Saturday with our 10th Kelly's Logan House 5k and Sunday's JCC Snowball 5 miler. Both events start at 11 am. That way you can sleep in and hopefully the weather warms up. I had three meetings today. At 1:45 I met with Sue DeNardo of the American Lung Association to go over details of this years Caesar Rodney Half Marathon. We are over 1200 registered so far with over a week to go. We have really cool finisher medals this year. Water stops at start finish and 6 stops on route. All we need is a nice weather day and we could have a record crowd. At 3 pm I met with Kelly's Logan House manager Drew Davis. He informed me that he will have a huge tent on the patio set up this Thursday for us to use for registration. The tent is actually for St. Patrick's Day but he was able to have them set up a week early at no extra charge. Tee shirts will be forest green this year. This is the first of many Michelob Ultra "Race to the Finish" series I am handling. Soft pretzels, pizza, bananas, apples, and other goodies including Michelob Ultra will be served. Overall male and female winners, male female master winners, plus overall walk winners win $25 gift certificates to the Logan House. We are over 200 pre registered at this time. If weather holds up I expect 500 finishers. At 4 pm I met with Delaware Marathon operations director Joel Schiller. He gave me a handful of DE Marathon posters to distribute around the City of Wilmington. More meetings this week. I could not be happier.