Sunday, January 17, 2010

Posting results.....

Nothing like getting up in the morning while on vacation to check your emails and there you have a complaint from a runner who is upset that the Icicle results were not posted with complete age groups. Let me explain how these results get posted. I send a file of complete age group results to the Sports Dept. after all my events. They cut and paste into the results page of News Journal Sports page. Sometimes the Sports page is packed with other results like wrestling, U of De basketball, pro sports, etc. and they just don't have the room to post complete age group results. For the Icicle run I had no idea they only posted the winners only since i am on vacation in Fla. I spoke with Barb that morning and she told me that yes...only first place in age groups were posted. I am a huge fan of the News Journal. While away I check on what's going on at home via Delaware Online. The News Journal posts a running column every Wednesday and list upcoming events. I really believe this is a major reason why our race numbers are up. So when they post winners only I am sure they have a reason. I can not call them to discuss till 6 pm shift comes in. I know all these folks who work in the Sports Dept. on a first name basis. I make a call....they explain to me why only first place winners were posted (always a space issue) and they make sure to post the results again the next day. When running a race out of state you can always contact them to post your results. Just call 302-324-2850 after 6 pm. They will be more than happy to speak with you.