Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The number 50.......

This past July 4th we were in Dewey Beach for our Jimmy's Grill 5k as part of our Seven Sister Two Brother Run Walk Series. Pre registration was 320 and walk up day of 405. A record setting day making this event the largest 5k held at the beaches. It also marked the 50th race EdJaH Chip Timing Systems has timed for races2run using the IPICO timing chip. I can't thank my team enough. Team leader Ed Hartwell has put together a staff that will rival any timing team in the area. We are now capable of chip timing four events in one day. At Jimmy's Grill 5k we had three staff people doing race day data entry. We posted overall results in 30 minutes and the award ceremony started one hour after the start of the race. Results were posted on my website races2run during the awards presentation. Neat stuff. I have purchased a second chip timing system called "MyLaps." The chip is disposable and is placed on the back of your race number. NO chips to turn in at the end of the race. This will be use full when timing large events. Cost is only $1 more than the IPICO chip. We will start using the MyLaps chip starting this Saturday at Mimi's Run for Hospice. We will use races2run events as a stepping stone to time the Tour de Lance 5k August 18th using MyLaps. I hope you enjoy seeing your "gun" time and "chip" times posted. Now that I am walking in some of my events I sure do. Remember.....awards are based on "gun" times NOT chip times.