Friday, February 6, 2009

Woggers

I remember when I first started to stage walking events within our 5k running events. I noticed right away how many folks really walk fast! We award (and still do) prizes to top 3 male and top 3 female finishers. I guess the only problem we have is that some walkers break into a run while trying to race walk. I received a nice email from a new walker who calls herself a "Wogger". I never heard of a Wogger but i really like the name....kind of says it all....someone who walks but mixes it up with a jog. I thought I would share this email with you. Keep on Wogging.....

I am a fairly new Wogger (walk / jogger) and just wanted to take a minute to thank you !! I just started Wogging a year ago at 41 and am grossly out of shape and overweight. Through the help of some friends and family and your web site I have been able to drop 55 lbs in the last year and a half and go from not even being able to walk 3 miles to being able to do some jogs along with finishing every 5k I have entered.I'm sure you get hundreds of e-mails a week but after reading your last blog and you not being able to do something you love to do … I just wanted to thank you for helping me to find something I enjoy .. And hope to some day love to do !See you at the races !!!!