Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Years Resolution

I am not much for New Years resolutions.....loose weight, run more, stretch more, eat less. Boring to say the least. So this year I decided to do something I have not done in 38 years. Stop running. You think this one is easy.....no way Jose. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. You ask why? A bit of arthritis in the hip is the reason. I was at the point where i could not get up after sitting at my desk.....or i could not get out of my car when driving to the store. My doctor gave me the ok to get an injection of cortisone. So for now the pain is gone. I am getting my life back. My good friend Paul Schweizer told me I should try hydro therapy. Basically running in water. I have been doing this now for 2 weeks. I feel like an injured horse. 40 minutes 6 days a week I hit the pool wearing a wet vest to keep me afloat. I must admit.....i feel great! Almost to the point of where i could start running again. I will give it 6 months. I will then head back to my orthopedic Dr. Steve Dellose and see what he says. My marathon days may be over.....but i am not ready to throw in the towel. I envy all who are out there putting in the miles.....keep on running.