Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Compliments and complaints

As a race director I always like to hear a compliment about a race we stage. But to be honest with you a complaint helps make me a better race director. For our Delaware Marathon I don't bother to read the comments posted on Marathonguide.com till 6 months after the race. I hold a meeting with my operations director Joel Schiller immediately after the marathon to go over what we feel we can improve on. We take notes and get to work on making the negatives a positive. I just read the comments on Marathonguide.com about our latest Delaware Marathon. So many nice comments but yes....many complaints also. We compare notes of what folks would like to see improved. I would say 95% of the complaints we have already discussed and have game plans to correct. So keep those comments coming. We try to do our best but we always like to hear what you .....the runner has to say.