Sunday, December 27, 2009

year in review...

The year 2009 was a Super Bowl type year for races2run. In a down economy we had our best year in 32 years of business. If you know anything about football you know how difficult it is to repeat as Super Bowl Champions. So I know we have our work cut out for us in 2010. Yes......sponsorship for events was down. But the number of runners participating in our events was up. 2010 will be a challenge. We lost some events but we have also picked up some new events including the LDAF Race For Autism Half Marathon & 5k in Lewes, DE. My team and I are really excited about our new chip timing business. EdJaH Chip Timing Systems will be very busy in 2010. We have two teams ready to handle events and I am working on a third team. We use the IPICO chip which is what the Ironman Triathlon Championships just purchased. Our CCHS DE Marathon was a huge success. The weather was cool and wet early on and our new venue proved a hit to all involved. The Seven Sister Series in Dewey Beach also had great crowds which showed that even in a weak economy folks still come to the beach as long as gas in not $4.50 a gallon. The Michelob Race to the Finish Line Series was a blast. Restaurants are great venues to stage a road race and when you add beer to the refreshment list the race becomes a social hour or some would say, "Happy Hour." I guess my most proud moment of 2009 is how my staff took over my business when I was laid up from hip surgery. Once again I will put them to the test as I am scheduled to have my other hip replaced in March of 2010. We all look forward to the racing walking season 2010. See you next year.