Monday, March 29, 2010

Series of races

About 20 years ago I staged a challenge to runners. Run the following events and you win an award. One mile, 5k, 5 miler, 10k, 15k, ten miler, 20k, half marathon and to finish the series a marathon. All these events were in Delaware. I thought I would have maybe 6 people who would complete the series. I had 34! Pretty impressive. Today, I organize a handful of series events which take place in our area. The Seven Sisters Two Brothers Series in Dewey. The Michelob Ultra Race to the Finish Line series where all you have to do is finish 6 of 12 events (the 6 pack). The Triple Crown Half Marathon Series (CR Half, LDAF Half, DE Marathon Half), the 26.2 mile series where you have to run a half marathon, a ten miler, and a 5k to see how fast you run 26.2 miles. And now we are working on a 10k series for the Fall. The E-Racing the Blues 10k, the Turkey Trot 10k, and the Run Walk 10k for MS on Thanksgiving Day. I hope you enjoy these series events.