Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happiness is?

60 degrees on a late Dec. day. Hard to believe it was that warm but it sure did help our turnout for the 15th Race Against Time 5k held Sunday at the Central Y.....shorts and tee shirts....just like a nice spring day. 73 pre registered and 126 day of for 199 total. I lucked out with the tee shirt order which i had to place prior to the Christmas holidays....i ordered 200 psc. We had 15 no shows. Maybe they decided to go play golf rather than run. We had 10 states represented: CA, CO., DE, KY, MD, ND (yep North Dakota), NJ, NY, PA, and VA. 115 of those from Delaware. We went through 30 gal. of water......150 soft pretzels, and 14 doz. bagels. Six runners under 18 minutes and 182 finishers. Lets see if my luck continues with this Sunday's Union Tavern (formally) Bankshots Road to the Super Bowl 5k. Yes.....two weeks early this year. Couple of reasons: 1. Hope for better weather and 2. I get to start my vacation a week earlier. I already have the long sleeve tee shirts in my garage. Once again i had to order prior to Christmas. 275 psc order. Cool logo too. Soft pretzels, Grotto Pizza, bananas, and beer for all who run or walk. Ravens game on at 1pm and plenty of time to get ready for our Eagles game at 4:15......Barb and I wish all of you the very best in 2009.