Sunday, April 5, 2009

Frozen Peas

Some weekend. Three events Saturday, two on Sunday. I am crushed. I sit here Sunday afternoon in my recliner watching golf on t.v. drinking a glass of wine with a frozen bag of peas on my left hip. For those of you who saw me this weekend....i was not a pretty site. At the Sallies Blue Gold 5k I sat down on the ground to help score the race and could not get up.....a Sallies football player lifted me up back on my feet.....I was humbled. April 17th can't get here soon enough. I am getting my left hip replaced. I will be the titanium man! Can't walk, can't play golf, can't do yoga, and can't sit at my desk. They say rehab will take 4 to 8 weeks. Bring it on! I have my teams ready to handle my events. I am so very fortunate to have fabulous help I can count on. Event results may not be posted in a timely fashion while I rehab but they will be posted as soon as i can get up to my office on the second floor. I will be at Wilm. Hospital Friday till Sunday. Then home where I plan on sleeping in my recliner on the first floor till I can handle steps. I remember when I had ACL surgery. I really had no pain prior to surgery but rehab was brutal. With this hip injury the pain is so bad I can't sleep at night. I just shake my head and laugh. It is the only way to deal with what I am going through. Will I be able to run again....yes. But only time will tell. Like the Terminator says......"I'll be back."