Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a weekend......

First of all i just want to thank everyone for the cards, emails, and phone calls. I was humbled by all the kindness. I arrived at Wilm. Hospital at 6:30 am on Friday. Went into surgery at 9 am and was in my hospital room by 10 am. I was walking the hallways later that day with a walker. Friday night was uneventful. I was on meds so did not feel much pain. Sat. I had two physical therapy sessions. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Plus I took a couple loops around the hall using my walker. Sat. pm at around 6pm I was in agony. I guess the physical therapy was a bit much but by midnight and more meds I was able to relax and get some sleep. Sunday morning I felt really good. Went to physical therapy and took my walk around the hallway. My doctors assistant came in and checked up on me. He took my bandage off and asked if I would like to head home. "YES!" Thank you very much. So after lunch and physical therapy I used a walker to get from front door of hospital to Barb picking me up in our SUV. I once again used the walker to enter my house and then crashed on my recliner in my living room. That was pretty much the last of the walker. I switched to a cane and was able to walk with no real issues. I slept in my recliner Sunday and Monday nights. Kind of like sleeping in first class section on an overseas flight. Slept pretty good. Monday I was able to take a shower and shave. Wow....did that feel good. With taking meds you have a tendency to get constipated. I had not pooped since Friday morning. Tues. morning was a breakthrough......pooped twice, showered, shaved and feel so much better. Tomorrow I start physical therapy with Elite PT. Rudy and Hash will beat me up but that is what I expect. I will most likely take off the next couple weeks and continue to delegate my events to my staff. My doctor told me I was bone on bone with major arthritis. And now I am the titanium man! See you all soon.