Saturday, May 16, 2009

Contdown.....one day to go.

Yesterday was spent mostly at Tubman Park getting ready for race packet stuffing. We had 22 volunteers help with this plus another 6 vols working on the start and finish line towers. Today starting at 11 am is race packet pick up. I am heading out to re chalk the route using yellow spray chalk. I am forced to use spray chalk since we are expecting rain today and into tonight with showers Sunday morning. I normally use field chalk but that would wash away with the rain. I always enjoy packet pick up. Most of our work is done and only back up phone calls are to be made. I enjoy talking to the runners as they pick up their race packets. They come from all over the US and all have a story to tell. I always introduce myself as wayne kursh, "race director." The runners are amazed that I am the race director and would take the time to chat with them and answer their questions. That is why I am here.....to make your trip to Wilmington as easy and enjoyable as possible. Don't forget to stop by Joe's Crab Shack from 5 to 7 pm for our pasta diner. So far we have 250 reservations. Good luck runners.....I hope you enjoy the new course and your stay in Wilmington.