Tuesday, May 5, 2009

phone vs emails.....

In the old days prior to email I use to be really good at returning phone calls. I have a voice box on my business line that lets me retrieve my messages anywhere in the world. I am always amazed at the time of day folks would leave me a message.....guess runners out there don't sleep much....or do they think I would answer my phone at 1:45 am? Either way I would always make it a point to return ALL calls. Folks were always saying, "thank you for returning my call." I always got a kick out of that line. Why? Because it is my business to return your call and answer your questions. Now....lets fast forward to today's world. Cell phones have taken over the land lines and emails have become one of the best ways to communicate. (I also text message to my friends). I must admit.....I don't return phone calls as fast asI use to since I only check my voice messages once or twice a day. But answering emails is a way of life for me. I use the Apple i-phone to check my emails on a daily basis when out of my office and to surf the web. I just love being able to get back to folks with answers to their questions. Now I get the quote on my email response, "thank you so very much for responding so fast to my question." This is the way I run my business. If you have questions.....I have answers. So....if you really want a quick response from me send me an email......the returned phone calls come later in the day.