Monday, May 18, 2009

The day after.....

I feel like I ran the marathon.....guess I should not have been on my feet so much on Sunday but just one of those days. A bit sore. All in all I believe things went well considering the new venue, the new two loop route and the addition of the half marathon. The four person relay continues to add excitement to this event. Just have to work on transition area next year. And expect a new route for the relay. Plenty of tail gate parties going on during and after the race which is cool. We just have to tweak a few things for next year. With 3 events going on at the same time it can get a bit hectic. Our volunteers continue to amaze me. Most were with us for at least 5 hours! I would say one comment that was repeated to me by many out of town runners, "I had no idea how beautiful a City Wilmington was till I ran this race." This was one of my goals. Show off our jewel of a city.....Wilmington. I will share with you emails that I receive in my next blog.